(ET) Battery maintainers

Title: Message
Has anybody on the list tried one of these for maintaining the batteries over the winter?
http://www.vdcelectronics.com/batteryminder_36v_1_3a.htm

I would like to do something other than turn the charger on once a week.  This also seems like a good idea to use all the time.  I only use the tractor once a week in the summer, and in late summer its more like once every two weeks.  I always charge when I'm finished but I'm wondering what the real charge level is after it sits for a week.

I found this maintainer in the Northern Tools catalog for $99.95.  (The VDC website sells it for more)

Rick Trawick
New Idea EGT 120