Re: (ET) shunt for Alltrax E15 retrofit - what specs, or how to substitute?

The E12S (and E15 too I think) use a piece of copper sheet about an 1"x3" (I'm guessing here) just about in the middle of the relay area behind the large panel under the dash. It's set up as a four point probe - big bolts at each end for power connections with two small sense connections in between.

I think this is *not* the shunt you're thinking of. The center shunt is used by the field weakening system and shows current draw across the motor armature. When it gets too high, it raises a pair of transistors and shuts down the field weakening resistors.

The ammeter shunt is the length of wire. If you need the size and type I can look it up.

Chris