Re: (ET) shunt for Alltrax E15 retrofit - what specs, or how to substitute?

Questions:

Should I get an off-the-shelf shunt for this meter?  Or if I'm better off
solving my problem the old-fashioned way (fabricating my own shunt), does
anyone know the full-scale millivolt input current for the OEM ammeter?

I did some measurements on my E12S some time ago and read about 100mV full scale for about 150A current. This jibes well with the E20 shunt which is 20 inches of 6 AWG stranded wire (105mV @ 150A). I think they all use the same sensitivity meter; some of the faceplates are different. Store bought shunts are pretty pricey, I'd go with a piece of wire. You don't need extreme accuracy - you just want to see if you are low, medium, high, or uh oh!

- SteveS
E20s
E12Ss