Re: (ET) Snowthrower Rebuild

Honestly: I don't think it matters.

Basically the two outside wires on the 3 wire plug are used for power and ground on the Elec-trak accessories. The center one is a short-off pin used for braking the mower deck blades. Since you can't dyno-brake a series wound motor (which is what tiller and blower use) it's not used.

One wire goes straight to motor, other one goes thru the circuit breaker, which attaches to the other motor post. Polarity doesn't matter technically since no matter how you wire a series motor up it will run in the same direction (you have to reverse the brushes/field to get it to run backwards)

Chris

Klein Robert W NPRI wrote:
Well,  After scraping, wire brushing and painting, I finally got around to
putting everything together with the exception of the power cord and motor
wiring.  Does anyone have a schematic of where the three wires of the
power cord connect to the thermal circuit breaker and motor?  I have the
Attachment Manual AND the Operators Manual but they don't show which wires
go where?  HELP?

Bob Klein
Charlestown, RI