(ET) Mowing speed and switching from forward to reverse, etc.

Another question:

1.  In what gear/speed do you all mow? With my E15 I mow in D1 and it seems to do a decent job, haven't tried D2, I think that may be too fast.

Also, on a side-point: I'm in the electric forklift industry.  We tell our customers that it's better to use the motors to slow, stop and change directions, rather than use the brakes. This is called "plugging". Now, I'm in sales, so I don't have an extremely deep knowledge of electrical concepts, but one thing I'm thinking may be the difference is that with most forklifts (w/DC motors) they're not "permanent magnet", as I'm surmising the ET motors are. Is that where the difference is? I've been using my direction control to "plug" for changing directions and more rapid stops because my brake doesn't work. There seems to be a delay built in that if I do it too quickly it won't change directions. However, if I pull it into 'neutral' for a second, then down to reverse it works nicely for stopping quickly.

Any thoughts or input on this point?

Thanks,
Pete.