Re: (ET) How to check out new E12

Congrats on your find!

For testing, note that the lift motors are 12-volt motors originally
used for power windows in cars. In the ET, they are set up to run off of
18 volts, which is fine. Using the full 36 volts will give them a rather
short life. So better to test with 3 of those batteries for the proper
18 volts.

As for testing everything else... I would just go ahead and install the
batteries, being sure to connect the smaller "tap" wires as well as the
main cables. Then can see what does and doesn't work. If something
doesn't work, then take a step back and do the troubleshooting.

The wiring info to install the batteries can be found here (among other
places):

http://www.coate.org/jim/ev/ElecTrak/battery_installation.html

Good luck.

Marc Paap wrote:
  got 6-6v deep cycle used batteries from a
> golf cart store. I have them all charged up now. I hooked them up in series > and used them to check the back lift motor by directly hooking up to the two
> leads.

_________
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak