(ET) mower blade runout

My recently acquired--and sadly neglected--12M now moves under its own
power
and spins the mower motors when asked to.  ;-)
I put new blades on the mower and spun the blades by hand to see how much
runout was present.  Easily a 1/4 to 3/8", at the blade end, on at least
one.  I imagine lots of places this could be coming from:  deck not level,
bent motor shaft, top of hub not perpendicular to shaft.  So I wonder how
close your blades are to a single plane, how much off is 'too much', and
how
most easily to start figuring out which component is at fault?
Thanks.
Thon
---