Re: (ET) tractor parts

I'm not familiar with the E20, but in the smaller tractors the armature
series resistors are just for getting going, right?  I.e., you should set
the gear so that you can run the motor full on.

>>> "RJ Kanary" <rjkanary nauticom net> 9/12/2004 5:29:30 PM >>>
        Nothing terrible , IF YOU ARE CAREFUL .  That is the configuration
that my CA model E-20 has been living with for fifteen or so years now.
        BUT........all the current limiting features that the Elec-Trak
engineers provided will now be null and void .Without the control card
functioning, you will be able to access field weakening at a much higher
motor load , {and therefore lower armature RPM.} than the design had
anticipated .
       If you are not alert , you can make  big , expensive smoke . The
only
protection you will have against meltdown are the large Klixon® limiter on
the motor housing, and the thermal switch in the field windings. Should
you
mash the throttle too quickly, or hold it past the fourth speed position
far for too long, you WILL overtemp the armature, possibly faster that the
Klixon® can react, especially at the beginning of a snow throwing
expedition
.
      The symptoms you are describing seem to point to deeper issues . You
would do well to fully assess all the components that are behaving badly.
It
will be cheaper in the long run , and will preserve many difficult to
replace parts .