(ET) e8

My JD90 is another "direct drive", constant speed motor and slipping belt "clutch". The only gear it's jumpy in is third, not a problem. IMHO, I'd leave well enough alone, don't fix what ain't broke.

As to current, I can mow for over an hour in a charge, 3 125 amp hour batts so total current draw must be no more than 100 amps including the 2 mower motors. Guessing they are more or sless equal thats only about 30 amps on the drive motor.

wombat