Fw: (ET) E8 power control

I have an E10M. All the small-frame tractors, as far as I know, have only
the slipping belt and three forward, 1 Reverse speed on the transmission. I
wonder how you would shift the transmission if you took the clutch out? The
E8 and E10 series are small-frame. I think that the E12 may be, but I don't
know. It would be interesting to me to know about that.

As far as the jackrabbit starts are concerned, that is pretty common. When
you have a new belt, it is especially noticeable. It is also common when
you
first start it and begin to move. I don't know whether the heating of the
belt due to friction lessens the jumpy starts, but something does. You also
get so you can make gradual starts, go throgh tall grass at a slower speed,
or ease up close to obstacles by slipping the belt. It's just like learning
to drive a car with a clutch. A little harder to control, at least in the
beginning. At least I learned how in the 31 years I've had the E10M.

I would think that it might be a little harder to install a controller in a
small-frame unit. The construction of the dash and under it is different
from the large-frame type, I believe. I would suggest figuring out just
where to put things and how to mount them begore going too far. Good Luck.
Enjoy that ET.

Herb Crary
Boulder CO