(ET) Ryobi (I know off subject, sorry)

I have been trying to track down a service manual for the Ryobi BMM2400 and
the best I have come up with is an exploded picture of the parts.

Ryobi mowers (Roybi Outdoor products) are covered under a company called
MTD products.  800-345-8746  www.MTDproducts.com
      When I talked to them they did not carry the service manual for the
Ryobi BMM2400.
      They only have the owners manual on file for $12.00.
      They sent me to a company called HANCE 800-535-1184 who in turn sends
you back to the MTD site.
      Talking to HANCE I found someone to look up a service manual hard
copy from their archives
            When she found it most of the pages were ripped out but there
was a layout which I have
            made into a PDF file and attached. Not much but a start. I am
not sure if an attachment will
            come across in the group so if you want the PDF just send a
note.

What is still missing in all of this is the schematics for circuit boards
and overall. If anyone ever figures out
some of the circuits please send them to me and I'll try to combine the
info. I will also work on reverse
engineering the circuits maybe this winter when I am not using the machine.

From the diagram the circuit boards appear to be as follows:
24 - Power inverter or a power stage for switching the motor current on/off
or braking.
67 - relay or controller board
57 - charger controller board
60 - transformer from 120VAC to 24VDC

As Tim mentioned he ended up giving me a machine that looks like it only
needed batteries. I quickly checked out the circuit endpoints to make sure
everything seem logical then, cleaned everything up, bought some MK
batteries off the internet for $57 total, used the internal charger and
monitored it by the hour, and it seems to run great. Thanks Tim!!  I think
I got the better end of that deal.

But curious as I am I want to know how they are doing the charging so this
winter I will hopefully dive into the charger to learn a little more about
it.

Dave Reuter