(ET) Oh yeah, serious ground fault

Okies. So I took the deck apart to find the source of half the ground fault on my E20. Didn't have to look far; when I took off the wire cover that runs along the length of the deck I found that the wire to the right motor was *cremated* along it's length.

To be honest, I have no clue how it stayed together. And it points out another design flaw on the Elec-Trak; the wires are not fused anywhere near their ratings. This is 10 gauge wire, and it's only protection is the 200amp main fuse links.

Ah well. I cut out the bad wire, re-wired with 10 gauge, and closed it up for now. Will have to go out and get some grommets to seal it all. However the tractor now runs totally normally.

Now for the fun part: There has to be a second ground fault on the tractor. In a main wire; it's got to be big enough to not have melted out under the current. I'll pull the resistor banks and start looking from there next weekend.

Chris