(ET) Final Homelite appliance: The pole saw

Ok, had to get a pole saw. $10.00 on Ebay; how can you beat the price? And it like all the other tools is 100% brand new.

Like all the other devices, I put a disconnect into it, and wired it to the E20's rear 4 batteries for 24 volts. Doesn't blow up the motor; in fact it sounds happy.

Basically this thing is like a mini-light saber on a 6 foot stick. It's not heavy, so you can get it into a tree. But the blade just goes chop chop chop right thru the branch. And down comes the branch. Simple as pie and very helpful. The key is to do a notch at the bottom of the limb, then let the unit cut thru the branch by itself. No pressure really needed, so you don't overload the motor.

I'd have to say overall that the Homelite DC appliances are great with the Elec-Trak. My only thought would be to just get a dead pack, pull out the batteries, and wire that into the E20's battery system. That way you can swap tools without having to open each one up.

With these tools I now have a really nice mobile yard management system. I can cut down small trees, prune limbs, and have an excellent bush cutter. If you're really worried about motor life, tap the pack at the 18 volt point, but to be honest I think the chainsaw cuts better at 24 volts and I doubt 6 volts will make that much of a difference if you don't overload the things.

My guess is they didn't have enough operating life with the on board batteries and were too heavy with the pack. But if you have an Elec-Trak battery life is never a problem, and the cord is much lighter than the pack.

Now what I need is a tool carrier to go on the back of the E20 and hold these things while I drive around.

Chris