(ET) brake parts

With the loss of Bill for parts, has anyone found a good substitution for 'upgrade' brake parts on the E12-E20 models?

Someone did post the link for the disc brake assembly from Jack's Small Engine and I have one... it is similar to the older style ET brakes. However I'd ideally like something like the newer style (the Bill upgrade kit), as it provides about 3x the surface area and better braking.

The newer style was standard on the Wheelhorse models. I can find the parts diagram on the Toro web site and have tried some local Toro dealers... the best I got the parts guy could also call up the diagrams on his screen but everything came back as "discontinued". Actually not quite everything... someone did a lot of work to computerize those old diagrams and common parts like a 1/4-20 bolt do come up as available, but not any of the more important parts.

I can easily make or have made the mounting plate and even the brake pads. The problem is the two top pieces with the funky curve and V shapes that provide the mechanical action... I'd consider getting a small run of these parts made if I knew a reasonable way to do so. I'm thinking it would be cheaper to cannibalize parts from some other standard item for a go-cart or ATV or some such if it exists, but I don't know of anything.

Any thoughts?

_________
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak