RE: (ET) Elec-Trak ZTR

Title: Message
Ralph,

I've had a close look at an Electric OX recently (was driving by a dealer in Honolulu and had
to stop) I took a number of pictures of the tractor as it was parked outside and my general
impression was that it is quite a bit smaller than the ET large frame ones:
- the tires are among the smallest I've seen on any lawn tractor (20x8.00 - 8 rear, )
- it has a very short wheel base, which will prob. help manouverability
- the frame appears to be solid steel
- six 8V batteries for the 48V version
- a linear actuator for the front lift
- a custom quick exchange system for the front mower deck (didn't get to see the deck)
- unfortunately I couldn't look under the tractor or open the rear hood and there was no
   sales associate to really help me, plus two kids waiting in the car ...
- a neat feature: when you open the power inverter doors it turns on automatically and turns
  back off when you close the doors.
- the seat was fancy
- the steering seemed to be manual, and I only saw a single motor controller, so I am not sure
to what extend the individual rear motors assist in the steering (by slowing down the inner wheel)
- but again I didn't crawl down there and inspect it closely.

All in all I think I like our large frame ETs better. Seem to be more robust and more powerful.
(and cheaper, the dealer wanted $10.800 incl.  the mower deck ...., seemed an awful lot for
the little machine it is)

Btw, the pictures I took are available in raw format at http://markus.lorch.net/et/electric-ox-pics/small
(the large versions are one level up)

Markus