(ET) charger

Tim, that 1 1/2 hours is not enough to pick pu a deep discharge battery if the charger is the usual 6 to 10 amp type. I would leave the charger on until the battery voltage gets to about 13. 5 volts (with the charger connected).

On the other charger, think about buying one of those cheap 110 volt timers that can be set to turn on and off to control the time the charger is on.

I just put new batts in my John Deere this spring, bought the biggest (highest capacity) marine types they stocked, cost about $55 each. Also, make sure the connections are all clean and tight, a loose or high resistance one will really cause problems.

wombat