Re: (ET) charger

On Sun, 09 May 2004 14:35:24 -0700, Ray S did scribe:
> Iam not sure what the microfarad # should be there looks like there
> should be another # in front of the '4' any help would be
> appreciated.

The last time I talked to Bill Gunn about the caps, he said that two different sizes were used: 4uf and 2(??), I gather depending on which transformer they went with.  Further, there was no clear association of cap size and ET model number or serial number so he was emphatic that it was important to look at markings on the old one before replacing.

Sounds like yours is the 4 uf.

Your best bet is to order it from Bill.  The equivalent replacement to the original part is a different physical size, so Bill includes a new mounting bracket that fits it.  Saves you a bunch of hassle, and of course keeps on supporting Bill, who we all have an interest in keeping in business.

- Tom Coate

E-20, Leesburg VA