From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Sent: 7/6/2004 9:09 AM
Subject: (ET) GE Decals

Hello All
I was talking to Ed Mayhew, the Wheelhorse decal guy and he is willing
and
interested in adding the Electrak decal to his already extensive
inventory
of Wheelhorse decals,  all licensed by Toro/Wheelhorse. A great number
of
the Wheelhorse decals with instruction on them are exactly the same as
the
GE for example the caution warnings for the mowers and the parking brake
sticker.  I think at this point the most important decal is the dash
decal,
follow by the side decals with the model number. But, I am open to
suggestions. I got a dash decal from Bill Gunn and it was a "generic"
covering all the GE models that needed to be trimmed to fit and frankly
the
quality wasn't that good. But I am really picky. I have some of Ed's
Wheelhorse decals for my B-145 project and they are of very high quality
sharp printing and the colours are perfect.
        Ed said that when he makes a new decal he likes to work with the
original drawing, or at least an original decal. So, at this point I
need to
collect some information on which models have side decals. I also I
would
like a list of people who would be willing to let Ed digitize their yet
be installed decals. (Don't want to be sending entire hoods to Ed Ha
Ha).
There will be no damage to the decal and it will be returned.
        Also, and this is a long shot, is there somebody local to Bill's
shop that's on good enough speaking terms with Bill to convince him to
can
get copies of the original decal drawings or even the original art work
(which will gladly pay for as part of my collection). While your at it
try
for the battery box, and the side panel drawing. Don't worry about
copyright
laws, I'll do it from up here in Canada our laws are very different, the
photo coping of copyrighted work for personal use and reference is
sanctioned by the Canadian Supreme court as long as it not for resale.
As
far as Ed goes, he will make sure he is legal before he goes into
production.

Regards