RE: (ET) Battery charger question

That charger is fine; better than the original which was only 25 amps max.

Larry Elie

-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of TimandTerese
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 10:43 PM
To: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Battery charger question

I just bought a Wheel Horse E-81. It looks to be basically a rear engine rider with an electric motor instead of a gas engine. It has 3 twelve volt batteries. The guy I bought it from didn't have the charger for it. I was wonder what rate the batteries should be charged at. I have a 36 volt charger that puts out 30 amps. Would this be what I need to charge this. The plugs are different from the mower to the charger so I'll have to figure out a way to connect it. The charger I have is from a Clarke floor sweeper and has a plug the has two flat lugs the mower takes what looks to be a twist lock plug. Could I just put ends from a regular battery charger or jumper cables and hook it directly to the batteries making sure that I go through all three batteries?

Tim