Re: (ET) Battery desulphation units

FYI, for what it's worth, here is some info I "heard" about the electronic
desulfators...

Impetus:  It's been reported that the originator of this technology was
seeking to address a problem being experienced by the US military.   That
problem involved many, many acres of parked jeeps, trucks, etc., all with
idle and sulfating batteries.   This device was allegedly developed to save
thousands of dollars in wasteful battery-replacement cost.   Allegedly,
military tests found some level of merit in the device.

Theory of operation:  As best I understand, the pulse frequency of these
little buzz boxes is aimed at matching the resonant frequency of the
crystal
lattice of lead sulfate.  Theoretically, if the device is truly able to hit
the correct frequency, the lead sulfate crystals would just keep absorbing
the vibratory energy until they themselves were vibrating so violently as
self-destruct, shattering back into solution, or at least into a fine
powder
that would settle in the base of the battery case.

Double-blind test???   You're right David!  I've not seen any reliable test
data either...just anecdotal data.  But...I did and almost-double-blind
test.   I salvaged a set of very badly sulfated batteries.   Using just a
charger, I tried for about a week to get these puppies to take a charge --
no luck.  AFTER that effort, I applied one of these desulfating units and
within two days the voltage began to climb.   I left them connected for a
week and they came back to useful condition.   Not exactly a double-blind
test, but the results were very "interesting," nonetheless.

Tim Wilhelm
E-16
Solar PV Dealer