Re: (ET) Battery desulphation units

There are people who swear by them.  The reason is that they connected
them
and some of the batteries seemed to recover capacity.

Interestingly, much the same effect can be produced with a cheaper, more
common device.  It's called a battery charger.  But to my knowledge, no
independent tester has actually tested a "desulfator" against an ordinary
low-
rate charger in a double-blind test.

What's more, the "principles of operation" I've read are mostly buzzwords
and
marketing gobbledygook.  They definitely don't look as if they were
written by
scientists of any kind, much less battery electrochemists.

No one has yet demonstrated to my satisfaction that these gadgets work any
better than a long, slow, low-current equalizing charge.  But to the
extent
that they duplicate that charger function, they may have some effect.  And
doubt that they'll do any harm, except to your wallet.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
We are a warlike people, and we love war.

           -- Michael Ledeen, American Enterprise Institute