-----Original Message-----
From: JAKrug EBAerospaceAndDefense com
[mailto:JAKrug EBAerospaceAndDefense com]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 10:30 AM
To: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu; Habooly1 wmconnect com
Subject: RE: (ET) Charger Problem

Hello,
I pulled the charger out of my C185 and put it in a milk crate.
This way I could charge both My E15 ( charger died) and the C185.
I used the 3 pin plug off of a mower deck to hook up the good charger.
My C185 came with a three pin receptacle wired in  parallel the the 2
pin accessory power receptacle.
But on day I was not paying attention and plug the charger into the
PTO receptacle of the C185 and cooked the CR3 diode.

Does anyone know the value of the CR3 diode on a C185?

The E15 has not had any problems charging through the PTO receptacle,
YET.

It would be a great improvement to use the 2 pin connector and plug it
into the accessory receptacle or you could use your own add on plugs and
receptacle were the charger connects to the tractor.

I don't know if you consider this easy.

As soon as I can get a second charger working they are going back into
the tractors.

There are many posts in the archive on how to check the charger.

The first thing that I would check is if the Fuel gage jumps up a little
when you put the charger on and the disconnect has made good contact.

Jeff
age43
E15
C185