Re: (ET) $15.00 chainsaw....

In a message dated 6/13/04 10:32:12 PM, mlorch vt edu writes:

<< Only issue there would be the switch: It would have to clear
> a lot more
> voltage and might melt down. I recall that the Elec-trak
> chainsaw used a
> contactor in the line that was triggered by the saw switch.
> Makes sense. >>

yes be careful of electric chainsaw switches.  i burned them all out on a
milwaukee, using a landis converter.  when i've used the standard electrak
rotary
inverter, i've had no problem.  harry says an electrical something could
be
instsalled with his converter to save standard ac switches.   jon k