Re: (ET) specific parts & substitution list - I will start it, with your info

Since the Bill G. situation is now half clarified, i.e., he can sell
snowblowers on EBAY, but that is about it, I guess the only Bill question
is
drawings.

Whether we ever get drawings or not, it still makes sense to create a
database or spreadsheet list of E-trak parts, and a
cross-reference/substitution list.

Can we (group) make some progress along this line by:

1) agree on format ?
 (Excel or Open Office spreadsheet would be good because many people could
add/modify/share.  Open Office is free !)

2) break E-trak parts list into subsystems, so that small groups of people
with expertise/experience could get a good 'core' sheet started for each
subsystem - less monumental than a whole tractor.  Also, similar tractors
could be grouped (steering on E-12, E15, E20 are similar, or drivetrain,
etc) and accessories (mower, snowblower, rototiller, chainsaw, etc) each
get
their own sheet.

3) results could be posted somewhere, or just emailed back & forth, as each
subsystem sheet could be fairly small, datawise, & easy even for people
with
dial-up.

Just as Clay tried to get something started, I will volunteer some time.

If people who know of substitutions will send me their specific lists
(regular email text format, or Excel or Open Office spreadsheet.  I use
Open
Office, but it can read/write Excel formats), I will try to get a couple
sheets started, to see if this idea has any merit.

This could also help us determine if we want to focus on specific parts
info/rights to produce (if possible), from Bill.

John