(ET) consulting Bill

Actually what started me on this was two fold...a lot a people talking
about the bleak future of our Elec-Traks and my phone call to Bill where he
basically accused most of his customers (us) of being cheap and using him
for his knowledge, but then buying it for a dime less somewhere local.

I on the other hand, would pay twice his price to get what I need from him,
as opposed to starting to cannabolize other machines to keep mine running
(that will definitely be the end of Elec-Traks).

I thought that there were more of me in the ranks (wanting to maintain a
classic, while still efficiently cutting my lawn).  I now think that we
(originals) are in the minority, or at least not speaking up very much.

I asked Bill about selling to a membership group and he thought of it
before, but basically had no faith in his customer base and 'knew' it would
not work.  I, being the optimistic side of his thoughts, thought that it
might work.  I also run a distribution business (OEM parts), and if I were
in his shoes and someone offered me 15-20k to keep doing what I am already
doing for another year, I would jump at it...particularly if I was on the
fence about it, and not quite making enough money to makew it worthwhile.

Send a check if you are on the fence, because that's the only way this will
work.  I keep reading about a lot of excuses not to send the check, even
though nobody says it will NOT work...and it is money you will get back if
it does not work.  Everyone elses plans involve time and planning and a lot
on money...mine is pretty easy and pretty cheap, given the limited time
that we think we have.

-CLay

http://mail2web.com/ .