Re: (ET) Bill & 95% can't rebuild automatic transmissions

Title: Re: (ET) Bill
I have a friend (whose background is strongly electronics technician & currently circuit board design) who can fix almost anything, and has rebuilt boat engines & car engines personally, installed his own furnace, does plumbing, wiring, etc.  We have similar backgrounds.

He joked once, that "the way you fix an automatic transmission is 1) you take it out of the vehicle, 2) you take $1000 out of your bank account, 3) you give both to the transmission repair guy ! (& maybe pray it does not cost more than $1000) 4) wait a week, 5) reinstall.

Difference here is, we mostly don't have a specific local someone to go to.

Fortunately, Elec-Traks are pretty simple (wiring is just a 'rats nest' ), and electric motor, golf cart or lawn equipment repair shops can help, & metal shops & a welder can help.

As a few have mentioned - homemade circuit boards are actually pretty easy, or that place in Canada is pretty cheap (change design away from card edge connector though ! ).

This list will connect any & all effort together - and successes can be duplicated.

Someone once told me "A good engineer can improve on a previous design by 5 to 10%.  The prior (if good) engineer can probably look at the improvement and add another 5 to 10 % to that, etc."

Hopefully, that applies here.  Things will be improved upon incrementally - Except of course, changing to AllTrax controller - that is a pretty big change/improvement.  And Rod's mower motors might be a pretty good improvement - if we could find economical sources.

And any brake improvement would be a good thing (I wish I had bought THAT from Bill).
Anyone have pictures of Bill's brake improvement?

John