Re: (ET) Bill - Keith's & Steve Richardsons & Dean Stuckman's perspective -

Hi Group,
I think probably all these comments are partly right.
Keith is really right - I, for one, am cheap !
I WILL spend money when I have to.
But, I am in Dean's 'Group 2' - and don't need OEM looks - just functionality - however I can get it.

Also, I would rather spend $250 on the Alltrax controller than a 'gift' to Bill.
I think Bill's time is worth LOTS more than he seems to get paid for it  ( I am speaking as a repair tech for all kinds of things, who has given lots of advice & fixed lots of things for people - essentially for free.) - and I could probably use Bill's help to fix all my broken E-traks.

But the main reason they are broken is not that Bill is gone, but that I have not had the incentive/desire to fix them:  snowblower is my primary use, unless someone sells me a backhoe/trencher attachment !  ;>)   BTW - I would spend $2000 for this right now !

Someone suggested off-shore manufacturing in the last month or so.
Maybe the Chinese will build something like these tractors to help with their smog problem ?  (I doubt it - and I don't think they have a great power grid).
Also, unfortunately, most of the electric motors I have that were 'made in China' are NOT anywhere close to the quality of motors made in other countries.

The biggest point of all related to this 'niche' market.  Black & Decker has been making pretty good electric mowers - corded & cordless - for years.  Most Americans now live in cities (and have less than farm size lawns to cut) and yet sales of these mowers is tiny compared to the IC engine mowers , in spite of the fact the electrics are more reliable, quieter, no smell, pollute less (if nothing else but due to less 'idling') and probably less expensive over time.

The people in this  group who want to keep their tractors going will find a way.
It is a really small group of 'die-hards' in the first place !

Interesting though, that there are suddenly more messages in 2 weeks than in previous 6 months !