-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Chris
Tromley
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 2:16 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: RE: (ET) coop parts purchasing

Bfayette wrote:

> Those controller boards only have a few parts on them.  Can't
> they be restuffed with new parts?  I don't recall that they
> were potted or anything. Maybe something that an individual
> can do for fun (and a little profit) is to bag up kits of
> parts to restuff boards.

This is the point I've made before.  The ETs are so simple that many of
the parts can be made by hobbyists with a little effort.  Steve could do
controller boards (although the Alltrax controller may reduce demand), I
could do mower decks, someone else could do lift motors, yet another
could rebuild or replace mower motors, etc., etc.  A little up-front
time and then a manageable occasional effort to keep us all supplied.
Everybody wins.

What I don't know is if there are any components that are prone to
failure for which Bill is the only supplier.  I think it's important to
identify those quickly.  I'd really like to see someone take on what
Bill is leaving behind, perhaps in a somewhat different form.  But I
think we need to consider what to do if that doesn't happen.

What are the parts that are frequently (or even infrequently) needed,
that only Bill can supply?

Chris