Re: (ET) coop parts purchasing

I have to agree, this isn't rocket science.  I would suggest that anyone
who has trouble understanding the wiring take a course in automotive
electrical systems at their local community college. With that knowledge
and a few simple tools, anyone can diagnose their own problems.  It might
take more of your time (and none of Bills), but it's not the end of the
world.

Maybe what we should concentrate on is getting Bill to allow us to scan
and post the Homeowners Maintenance Manual.

In a message dated 6/11/2004 12:52:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, czach
computer org writes:

> > Can you identify all of the electrical components on your tractor and
> > briefly describe what they do?
> Sure. The Elec-Trak is really as dumb as a box-o-bolts when it comes to
> what does what. One can pretty much start at one battery post and play
> "Mr. Electron" and walk through the entire tractor's electronics with
> contactors and switches being "drawbridges".
>
> Only complicated part on an E20 is the current limiter for field
> weakening, and that's not that evil. The E15 is a bit more complicated,
> but with the general maintenance manual one can get through.
>
> > Do you know how to read how to read a schematic?
> Yup. Discrete electronics are pretty easy to read. Now, what might be
> nice is to write up a ladder-logic diagram for the E-series tractors.
>
> Speaking of boards, now that Bill is gone I wonder how difficult it
> would be to make a run of E20 control boards. They're
> really pretty
> simple, and companies can make the edge connectors too.

Those controller boards only have a few parts on them.  Can't they be
restuffed with new parts?  I don't recall that they were potted or
anything. Maybe something that an individual can do for fun (and a little
profit) is to bag up kits of parts to restuff boards.

> Chris

  Brad