RE: (ET) coop parts purchasing

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Elie, Larry (L.D.) wrote:

Shannon,

I essentially suggest this option to Bill when I spoke to him over 2 weeks
ago.  I don't
tell the list everything I do folks.  I was not specific about who should
do the
interaction.  He was not interested.  He claims the debugging problem is
the biggest one,
and part returns second.  I told him he didn't have to do returns, or
someone else could,
or just not accept any, and he said he doesn't do business that way.  He
even picks up
return shipping.  He really doesn't want to do SUPPORT anymore.  BTW,
folks, good technical
support runs $85/hr in my area, for a lot of different sorts of
industries.  He has been
giving support and consulting for free.  Industrial consultation fees go
way higher than
that (but you have to establish yourself to get them).  He isn't willing
to charge for it.
I don't think a subscriber fee will work.  He is independent.  I don't
think this will work.

Ok, if those options are blown out of the water. Maybe we (coop) could acquire non-exclusive rights to and copies of his drawing, tech spec and assorted documents. So he would still be able to sell everything in the future to Cub Cadet (just as an example), if they wanted to buy it.

That makes me think of another possible route if the above doesn't work. We get together and talk with one of the lawn tractor companies about acquiring and supporting / modernizing these tractors. Black and Decker may be a good choice, since they already have a rechargeable push mower.

Shannon Aldinger
http://www.aldinger.us/elec-trak/