Re: (ET) Life after Bill.

If the outback controller supports 36 volts, then it would be great. They do look to be rather configurable.

Though to be honest.... Three MSX60's will put out a charge rate of 150 watts or so under full sun. Try putting a blocking diode in the circuit with a DC RATED FUSE and see how it works. My guess is that if you wind up overcharging the batteries it will be (1) slow and (2) easily fixed by just watering the things. We're talking 200ah batteries and what is basically a 5 amp charger.

Or I could sit down and just build a circuit with zener diodes and a dummy load to keep the peak voltage clamped at 45 volts or so. Not that complex.

Chris

robert winfield wrote:

Chris,
i am still using the cord to the house and 110.
after some thought, would 3 12v or a 12v and a 24v
controller work with the PV? (I am thinking cost wise
about hte controllers)
sunelec in Miami occasionally has PV surplus.
could i use an OutBackPower MX60 controller for a
string of 3 PV)
(temp while i get the roof stuff organized)
robert (age 55) in rockville md

--- Chris Zach <czach computer org> wrote:

35 here. E20 that runs on 100% solar power (Oh I
love it), with a snowblower attachment and 42 inch deck.

Runs fine. Thinking of pulling the transformer and
running an inverter in the space. Anyone used a chain saw (120 volt) with the Elec-trak's rotary inverter?

Chris

steve39 mindspring com wrote:

43 here.  I have my grand motthers E-16, mower

deck, and tiller.  Thanks to Bill I JUST got a
sleeve hitch and a rebuild on 2 motors, a couple of
head light lenses, and a set of blades just before
he closed.  I am hoping to keep "Emma" going for a
good while longer...wife doesn't like to use
anything else.

Steve Shelton
Tennessee