Re: (ET) Life after Bill Gunn

How is the Alltrax going to be a brake substitute?

The problem with the E20 brakes is that the pins around the brake assembly are known to wear down over time. Though I suppose one can make replacements.

The drive motors never fail, which is nice. And I bought a volt-meter on Ebay. The big secret is that it's simply a 12 volt meter with a big resistor integrated into it. I'll bet one could get a new volt meter from Digi-key, replace the backing with the Elec-trak one, and go from there.

I will be assembling my new battery monitor system this weekend. It's 3 LEDs that will light as follows:

Voltage too low (<10.5 volts) LED lights red
Voltage normal (10.5 volts to 14.5 volts) LED off
Voltage too high (>14.7 volts on charge) LED lights green (yellow)

Ultimately I may mount it by drilling 3 holes in a voltmeter panel, and putting the LEDs there. Note that each LED watches two batteries.

Chris