Re: (ET) Lost all forward speeds on E12

Bill Gunn said that one of the two coils (1F or 2F) on the lower control panel has failed.  He said to take a volt meter and test both the small and large terminals on each.  If couldn't remember exactly what to test for, so I just wrote down my results and called him back.
    Small terminals on 2F read zero in neutral and 37v when throttle forward.  Large terminals read zero in neutral (I think) , zero in forward but 37 in reverse.  He said this was as it should be.
    Small terminals on 1F read zero in neutral (I think) and 37 volts when throttle forward.  Large terminals read 37 volts in neutral AND 37 volts when throttle forward.  This last result he said was wrong.  Apparently, large terminal should have read zero in forward.
    So this indicates that 1F is needs to be replaced.  I ordered a new coil, part #OP631 at $90.27 with shipping.  I have a used coil around but I am not sure if it works.  If I have time, I'll install it and see if it solves the problem and use the new one as a back up.  The new one is a different design, a kit, Bill said he changed to keep down costs.
    Hope this clears things up.
Very sorry to hear that Bill is closing down.  Things will be a lot harder without him.
Thanks for your advise and help.  Will let you know when I replace coil 1F and how it worked out.

Richard "Zack" Zachary

daveb wrote:

Zack,

What did you learn from Bill Gunn about your relay setup?

I forgot to get the part number when I was on the farm yesterday, sorry.  but here's what I find on the hosfelt.com site this morning.  I'm not sure that DPDT is what I used I think it might have been SPDT.  Obviously I am not well versed in electrics!

go to www.hosfelt.com and in the search box put in this part number: 45-608 or you could simply put in relays and browse through their inventory.  The socket might be part number 21-364 but I can't be positive because I'm not getting the picture of it in my browser for some reason.

sorry I'm not much help here,  but let me know what you find out from Bill G.

dave

--
Open WebMail Project (
http://openwebmail.org)