From: daveb [mailto:daveb seanet com]
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 10:30 AM
To: Elie, Larry (L.D.); Richard Zachary; Elec-trak list
Subject: RE: (ET) Lost all forward speeds on E12

It sounds like a "welded" fwd/rev relay to me.  It's located behind
the "firewal" under the hood.  drop the firewall down by removing the 4
screws (cover the batteries first!) then move the throttle from rev to
forward.  you should hear a click and see the relay move.  My guess is
that
the relay points are stuck in the rev position.  if you are lucky you can
get
them apart, clean them up and use again.  Last one I bought from BG was
$20
I had this problem so bad that I put in an inline fuse to protect the
relay
(now I blow fuses right and left) I also found an equivalent relay ($2)
(Hosfelt.com) with socket that makes it a whole lot easier to change the
relay and give it a secure mount.

good luck,
dave
seattle