Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) Voltage dip

Steve,  I have 4 computers and none of them can run XP.  I use a legal size scsi scanner and a CDRW that cannot be made to run on XP.  I also run CadCam software that needs dos and will not run on a machine with XP.  I can't do a load test because the problem doesn't last long enough.  I will have to take the cover off to check the solenoid temperature.

G M Bauman,  The internal thermal switch is wired in with the seat & brake switches so it should be working.  I pulled a 800 pound roller around for 2 hours and it didn't shut off.  I heard that motors running on PWM controllers do run hotter.

Jim,  The main disconnect switch is the new style from Bill Gunn.  I installed it last fall.

Michael,  The AllTrex doesn't use forward/reverse contactors, it is solid state.

I was wondering if I had a cell in one of the batteries that had an intermitent short,  If I do wouldn't it only drop 2 volts?  I appear to be dropping about 8 to 12 volts on the fuel meter.  The fuel meter is new, I just installed it last month.  It checks good with my other voltmeter.  I don't understand why when the voltage drops the current on the load meter also drops a little.  If I had a short circuit the current should go up?  The batteries stay cold, all battery connections and cables are new and they stay cold.

Thank you for your thoughts
Ralph Vogan