Re: (ET) Voltage dip

Could it be the main disconnect switch is getting flaky?
(if you have the original GE style that is... the Bill Gunn replacement is much more reliable).

Ralph G Vogan wrote:
I was wondering if anyone in the group has had this problem. I installed the AllTrex controller and it seems ot be working good. I have cut the grass 3 time now and several times durring each cutting the volt meter will drop into the middle of the red and everthing slowes down. The current meter drops a little too so I don't think its a short. It acts like I am suddenly running on only 4 or 5 batteries instead of 6. After 10 to 30 seconds it returns to normal. Sometimes it happens when I go from forward to reverse or back to forward again. It allways happens when I first start the tractor, mower running or not. If I just run the mower with the AllTrex off it will still read in the red. All battery cables and connectors are new. Batteries are 2 years old, and nothing is hot when I finnish cutting the grass. The drive motor is hot to touch but you can leave your hand on it for about 10 seconds.

_________
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak
1992 Chevy S-10 BEV