Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 11:33 AM
Subject: (ET) Voltage dip

I was wondering if anyone in the group has had this problem.  I installed the AllTrex controller and it seems ot be working good.  I have cut the grass 3 time now and several times durring each cutting the volt meter will drop into the middle of the red and everthing slowes down.  The current meter drops a little too so I don't think its a short.  It acts like I am suddenly running on only 4 or 5 batteries instead of 6.  After 10 to 30 seconds it returns to normal.  Sometimes it happens when I go from forward to reverse or back to forward again.  It allways happens when I first start the tractor, mower running or not.  If I just run the mower with the AllTrex off it will still read in the red.  All battery cables and connectors are new.  Batteries are 2 years old, and nothing is hot when I finnish cutting the grass.  The drive motor is hot to touch but you can leave your hand on it for about 10 seconds.

Ralph Vogan