Re:(ET) Mower Deck Questions

Hi,Steve
The plate you say is indeed for side discharge,and yes,there is a
different set of baffles for that,and also a discharge chute.If you have
the rear discharge baffles in place that side discharge hole will be
effectively blocked.I prefer the rear discharge as it distributes the
clipping better.
 As far as the motors my guess is that it's probably the bearings.If
they've been bad a while the commutators will probably need to be
resurfaced and the brushes replaced. Also check if your baffles are tight
and that your blades are in good condition.
 Good Luck,
Harold Zimmerman
Ephrata PA
hi all.  I have an E-16 with the standard front mounted deck.  Looks like
there is an opening on the right side (closed but its there) that would
allow for side discharge.  Do you have to remove the baffles to do this,
and if so, is that it or is there a different baffle set?

About to send all 3 motors into Bill for a rebuild.  Running the original
bearings circa 1972 (can't say he didn't warn me).  Right motor is cutting
off alot now and either the motor or the blade is much much louder than
the left and center.  Sounds to me like blade noise but it doesn't appear
to be bent or whatever.  Thoughts on that appreciated also.

Regards,

Steve
E-16, mower, tiller, sleeve hitch and disk
Middle Tennessee