(ET) I was wondering. (this is never good)

        Hi
        Now that we have developed a practical method for testing out 36VDC
motor (thank-you all), And given I am not really a big fan of batteries in
loose in the work shop.
        I got to wondering    OHMs' law say Vtotal =V1+V2+V3. As such 3-12V
batteries in series will supply 36V.  What would happen if you hooked 3
identical 12V battery charges in series?  Would you get 36V or an explosion
(Ha Ha)?. 12V chargers are very inexpensive and this might be a good source
of DC power for the bench.

        Thoughts

        Geof Thompson