(ET) EGT 200

The problem I have encountered is that what looks like a capacitator on the right hand connector block under the dash has failed (grumbled & emitted smoke). The tractor did not stop in forward! I pulled the black wire to the that  connector but now the cruise control does not function & the tractor starts very sharply - even with slight throttle application. If I reconnect the black wire everything functions but the tractor does not stop after thottle release-- it continues to run on a low speed as if on cruise control? Does anyone have schematic with values for the components. I believe this unit is 1974 or 1975 vintage; I have been using it since 1979 for grass cutting & light snow plowing.                                                                 Thanks Phil