Re: (ET) Front lift problem

- No, the lift should not draw current when 'off'.
- There should be no electrical connection to the frame.

I just went thru this process with my mower deck. One blade would spin with
the PTO off! Turns out I had two problems: One mower motor wire was shorted
to the frame - pinched between the wire cover and the deck - and I had a
ammeter wire flying around loose and shorted to the frame.

I believe in your case the lift motor could have an internal short - do an
ohms check between each contact and the motor frame. A dead short should
blow the lift fuse though. By pulling the motor connections and the lift
fuse you can divide the problem down and ohm out each part to the frame.

- SteveS