RE: (ET) Mower deck motor

Bob,

Yes, the magnets do shatter and/or fall off for no apparent
reason in motors that were fully functional just moments before.
 From what I've read on this list, there is very little hope of
predicting or testing for a future problem.  Therefore, I would
say that Bill could not have kown or been expected to know even
with testing extensively, this would happen.

I am hoping I don't EVER have this problem, but in case I do, my
"old" B&D cordless mower is sitting in the garage charged and
ready.

=====
John G, '73 E12