From: Rob Brockway <getractor yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:09:16 -0700 (PDT)
To: Stephen & Carol Welch <welches paonline com>, elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Re:  EGT120 questions

All three are connected together.  If all the bearings etc are good, when you spin one it acts as a generator that powers the other two.

Stephen & Carol Welch <welches paonline com> wrote:
Hi all,

Finally had a chance to check out some of the various recommendations to my questions.
-snip-

- Sounds like it maybe a  problem in the mower. When disconnected from the
tractor do the blades spin free? If you spin one blade the others should
turn.

This happened to be from SteveS.  Now, I'm a bit perplexed by this.  I have two decks - tried 'em both.  Spin one blade by hand.  Nothing happens with the others.  Since the blade motors aren't connected by any belts why should turning one make the others turn??  Essentially, they're just 3 motors connected by wires, right??

Do you Yahoo!?