(ET) Tractor Hunting

Hi
I promised a report about my hunting trip. So, here it is.  Yes there was a
new B145 with a front mower, and it will come as no surprise-I agreed to
buy
it. Although, I couldn't bring it home because it was buried in the attic
of
a two story building along with 30 years of Wheelhorse and other assorted
lawn and garden equipment. The major stumbling block wasn't the clutter it
was that the owner's fork lift wouldn't start, and access to the attic was
by ladder. There was also a large frame GE in the attic, it was in a corner
behind a lot of NOS Wheelhorse snow blades and other heavy "red" stuff.
The
sheet metal was in good shape but that's about all I could tell, on the
side
I could see, the number plate was missing and I couldn't get close enough
get the model number. (without losing my foot).  But, it is a large frame
and it is not a 12M. The good news is that to get to the B145 the Electrac
is going to have to come out of the attic too. I am going to grab it if the
price is right, at best I'll have a good working tractor (probably for
sale)
at worst some great parts.
Another interesting thing is that the owner has several electric FlyMo (I
am
dating myself here) still in the original boxes.
My buddy Frank and I are going to be buying 4 of his attic tractors, Frank
is into IC and pulling so there is no competition here.  In the process of
getting the 4 out of the attic I am sure we will uncover more treasures and
as they come up I'll let list know.  My guess is there are shop manuals and
parts "upstairs" but it is going to take a bit of archeology to get at
them.
Also, I bought three spray cans of OEM General Electric Yellow touch up
paint, they were just on the shelf beside the other paints. I have not got
clue as what to do with them but as soon as I saw them I knew I needed
them.
Frank and I are hoping to get the tractors out by June 25 for the
Wheelhorse
show in Harrisburg.
All for now.

        Geof Thompson B.Sc., C.L.S.
        905-336-4698 | facsimile / télécopieur 905-336-8916
        Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca <mailto:Thompsong dfp-mpo gc ca >
        Technical Services | Canadian Hydrographic Service | Services
Technique, Service hydrographique du Canada
        Central & Arctic Region | Région Centrale et de l'Arctique
        Fisheries and Oceans Canada | 867 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington,
(Ontario) L7R 4A6
        Pêches et Océans Canada | 867 chemin Lakeshore, Burlington
(Ontario)
L7R 4A6