-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of steves
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 11:36 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) RE: New member needs an ET

> The difficulty is finding one in good condition.  I can't spend the time
to restore one.

- Keep looking - we know what you are looking for too now, so that helps.
Try Bill Gunn - I don't know if he rebuilds them or not or knows where some
may be.

>  Maneuverability is important.

- Again, I haven't used the 'M' models; hopefully someone can answer that
knows both. The front mower is nice in that it can get in under stuff but
is
still pretty maneuverable.  I find though in tight turns it doesn't cut
well.

>  Does that mean I need a  blade instead of a snow thrower?  Does the
> blade
on an ET tilt
> right/left, so a few passes gets the snow off to one side of the
> driveway?

- Blade is easier to deal with, turns right/left (controlled from seat) and
can handle a pretty deep wet snow.  Blower works well too, but  is more
complicated and very heavy.

> As far as size is concerned, 3/4 acre isn't that much.  I'm guessing an
> E8, 10 or 12 might be plenty, but I'm not clear on the differences
> between them.

- Look at the info at elec-trac.org. There are advertising materials, etc
that explain what each model is and what attchments it can take.

- If you haven't seen an ET in person, you should.

> Maybe if I plan to upgrade to an Alltrax even an E8 would be enough?

- The Alltrax controller will give you more power compared to the original
in full power mode (no resistors or field weakening engaged). Biggest
question is what is the smallest unit that will handle the accessories you
may want.

- SteveS