Re: (ET) RE: ET mowing

Chris,,as someone who has done a lot of mowing I'd say that the front mount deck with the shorter tractor wheelbase would be more manuverable,,however,, what you really need with 50 trees is a ZERO TURN mower - it can almost turn around in it's own space - and unfortunately i don't think there were any electric ZT's back then as it's been the rage of the last ten years,, MOST commercial grounds maintenance companies have  gone to that design (I think ExMark has the best engineering) because of speed, quality of cut, and mostly it's superior manuverability (they turn "on a dime")- you'll see even homeowner versions becoming very popular with "tractors" falling by the wayside,, the Scag style (I call them "tailriders",,essentially a commercial walk behind mower with a seat over a pivot wheel (a 3 wheeler) are very manuverable also but less so than a ZT because the drivers weight is NOT on the drivewheels. What you need is for the center of the vehicle to pivot around an object not to pivot on a rear wheel drive axle,,although the new John Deeres also have a Zero Turn lawn tractor (with caster type front wheels) that looks interesting..the wave of the future,,don't see why an electric powered ZT couldn't be popular for HOMEOWNER use if one were built with modern electric circuit design.. Also if mowing is a CHORE to you then mowing with  a  ZT is a BLAST,, believe me there's NO comparison.....Geo