Re: (ET) Education...

well, I think I can say that the alltrax will affect the price and availability of original control parts, eh? I call that a good thing!
anton
On Apr 7, 2004, at 6:25 PM, Jim Coate wrote:

Probably any smallish 12 volt lead-acid "gel cell" should work for this. Look for batteries used in UPSs, alarm systems, etc. And then check what voltage the dc/dc convertor you got really goes to as sealed batteries are picky about the voltage.

And yeah, it takes a bit to figure out the ET wiring diagrams. The first trick being sure you have the diagram that matches your model and then figure out which sections are actually shown on some other diagram.

Jeff Tickner wrote:
Wow, echoes my feelings exactly. The fact that my tractor was partially required and "improved" by the PO doesn't help. Even tho my E15 currently works fine (knock on wood) I'm getting an AllTrax this spring as part of my refurbishment project. One of the listees mentioned a flat "european automitve" battery that would fit under the hood. Any additional info on that like what application it was used for, models and years? I picked up a 36V - 12V converter off eBay and I want to use that to charge the battery and the battery to handle the load of lights and a 12V winch to replace the lift.