Re: (ET) OSMC

You really want to have the current limiting... in both the the battery loop and the motor loop. ET motors are a bit bigger than robot motors. I blew the controller in my on-road EV a few weeks back, and best guess of the failure mode was the current in the motor loop ran away as there was no circuitry to monitor and limit it.

And ideally the armature controller will 'talk' to the field controller so they two are controlled in unison.

I once worked on a small controller for an electric bicycle... I was really good at blowing FETS and mostly learned that it is harder than it looks to make a good controller. But it will be educational :-)

Bfayette aol com wrote:
He also suggested some methods of current limiting.

Has anyone else looked into this?

http://www.robot-power.com/osmc_info/

--

_________