(ET) Back in Business

In reference to my previous post about my C-185 not getting out of the
first
or second speed:

I talked with Bill Gunn on Monday, and he suggested starting at the 2-AH
relay, (which I'm assuming is the field weakening relay).
Checking for loose wires, corroded contacts, etc.
He told me to pull the panel loose and observe the relay pulling in while I
press on the accelerator.
Sure enough it was not pulling in.

After checking for loose wires, and wire brushing terminal posts and
connectors,
the problem with the C-185 ended up being an easy fix.

The 2-AH relay, had a corroded contact.
It was not the 2 small contacts that you see when looking at the top of the
relay.
It was another contact that is centered in the relay and sandwiched in the
middle.
I cleaned it up with some 600 emery, and all my speeds are working once
again.

It was a great feeling to have my tractor running again.
The grass is really starting to grow.

Dennis
Elsberry, MO