RE: (ET) RE: New member needs an ET

SteveS wrote:

> OOPS
>
> Thanks for catching that Chris - I meant to say 'NO more power'.

Hi Steve,

What I meant by running an Alltrax on an E8 was getting more
versatility, not more power.  I'm just now going through all the stuff
on www.elec-trak.org, but it seems the E8 has only three speeds
forward(?).  So an Alltrax would give you infinite control in any gear
range, making it more versatile, no?

But then, the picture of the E8 shows a mower deck that doesn't look as
beefy as the front decks.  Does anyone know how it holds up?  Still need
to find out which is more maneuverable - short wheelbase/front deck, or
long wheelbase/mid deck.  An E8M does mount a snow/dozer blade, and I
just got a kindly pointer from someone off-list to one in central PA.

Lots to learn....

Chris